Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the wonderful human beings over at The Broke and the Bookish!
Valentines Day is soon upon us, and love is in the air! ( Or not. Hey. Not all people like the Hallmark holiday! )
I am NOT a big fan of romance books. It’s not often I grab a book just fully dedicated to romance but I have been known to read them from time to time. Not all books have to be full of plain love; some of my favorite love scenes come from books filled with adventure. In those cases, I find myself swooning over the men in the books. ( There are FAR too many fictional crushes for me to mention at this time. The struggle is very real. )
This week Top Ten Tuesday was a freebie for love associated topics, so this week I am choosing to share with you ten of my favorite love quotes from some of my favorite books. These are ones you most likely have seen before, but I absolutely love them.
1. “You both have grown up feeling as if you weren’t properly loved by those who should have loved you the most. People make mistakes. They make wrong choices at the worst moments. Never at any time were you not loved. Know this. Cherish this. Love one another and be courageous enough to live your life and love more. Don’t let fear trap you.” – Katie Mcgarry, NoWhere But Here
2. “I love you,’ he whispered, and kissed my brow. ‘Thorns and all.” – Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses
3. “Do you love me?” He spoke without hesitation, without the usual line of thought between his eyes. “Infinitely.” – Jodi Meadows, Infinite
4. “Every relationship is an education. Each new person we welcome into our hearts is a chance to evolve into something radically different than we used to be. But what happens when those people disappear from our lives?” – Brian K Vaughan, Saga Volume 5
5. “I know now that I don’t want to love or be loved in half measures. I want it all, and to have it all, you have to risk it all.” – Jenny Han, PS I Still Love You
6. “Sometimes when I’m alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena.” – Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
7. “He smelt of the sun, as if it had seeped deep into his skin, and I found myself inhaling silently, as if he were something delicious.” – Joyo Moyes, Me Before you
8, “So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.” – John Green, Looking For Alaska
9. “Captain,” she murmured. “I think I’m in love with you.” An eyebrow shot up. She counted six beats of his heart before, suddenly, he laughed. “Don’t tell me it took you two whole days to realize that. I must be losing my touch.” – Marissa Meyer, Cress
10. “I’m in love with you,” he said quietly. “Augustus,” I said. “I am,” he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars