Book Tag Time! This is my very first tag from a fellow blogger, and I am SO excited!
I was tagged by the amazing Book Traveler to do the Sisterhood of The Bloggers Award!
Thank you TONS for nominating me!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award’s logo onto your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers.
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees.
So off we go!
1. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
I recently watched ‘The Hunger Games’ and ‘Catching Fire’ for the first time after power reading through the books, and I really enjoyed how they brought the books to life! Also – The Green Mile. I loved that book and movie so much.
2. What is your favorite genre to read?
Fantasy, Dystopian, and Science Fiction! I can’t get enough of these – The worlds are always so intriguing.
3. When did your love for reading begin?
My love of reading started back in elementary school. My father was a sailor, so he was a big reader while out at sea. My house was full of amazing books with great adventure. Including the Robert Jordan series, which I am currently collecting in hardcover, thanks to the amazing prices of The Book Outlet. It’s an amazing series which I grew up around.
4. What author would you most like to meet (alive or dead)?
I recently had the pleasure of meeting Peter S Beagle this year, which was a dream come true. I cried meeting him, and while watching the movie. There is something about being able to look a person, who shaped your childhood with his writing, and thanking him for doing so. I still get emotional thinking about it.
Right now – I would love to meet Jodi Meadows. She’s an amazing author who wrote the ‘New Soul’ trilogy which is currently my favorite series. I still am feeling the feels of ending that trilogy. Is Orphan Queen here yet?
5. How many books do you buy in a month?
Between The Book Outlet having amazing prices, Chapters/Indigo, The Book Depository, AND my daughters Scholastic Book orders – Too many. Just ask my husband. 😉
6. What book would you recommend everyone read?
I read ‘I know Why The Caged Bird Sings’ this year – And it was an amazing book. She was an incredible woman, with an amazing story. I highly recommend it to everyone, and I can’t wait to read the other books she has published after.
7. Did you have a favorite childhood book (if not, what’s your favorite book now?)
I remember, very clearly, going into my elementary as a child, and re-reading ‘Oliver Twist’ by Charles Dickens. I can’t count on my fingers AND toes how much I read that book. I loved it so much. I must try and find myself the edition my school had.
8. What book character do you most identify with?
Eleanor, from ‘Eleanor and Park’. I was the oddball in elementary, who got picked on much like how Eleanor did. I remember crying throughout that book – It hits you right in the heart. ( I did a blog post on it – Check it out here. )
9. Are there any popular books you refuse to read?
50 Shades of Grey – That’s about it off the top of my head.
10. Why do you love reading?
I love reading because I can get swept away into a world of fantasy, science fiction, or anywhere I please – Just by opening a book and living through the pages. To be swept away by an author is an incredible feeling – That rush when you get into the action and you feel the emotions that the characters are feeling. Sitting on the edge, waiting, being pulled into action – Who wouldn’t love that feeling? Vividly imagining the world your in, in your mind – Darting around corners at the heels of excitement. It’s an addictive feeling. I never want to lose that.
My questions for my fellow bloggers!
1. What is your favorite quote from a book?
2. What is your favorite series?
3. Do you read a book before seeing the movie, or after?
4. Who is your least enjoyed author?
5. If you could walk into a store and grab any 3 books, which books would you choose?
6. What book has had a lasting impression on you?
7. Do you judge a book by its cover?
8. What’s up next on your TBR list?
9. Do you own any autographed books? If not – who would you love an autograph from?
10. Which book/series have you not read, but are greatly looking forward to reading?
I am new to the book blogging scene ( Noob! ) so I am going to tag a few book blogs I follow! ( And love! ) I do apologize if you have done this before, and only do the tag if you like!
Julia Summers at Nook books and More
Ashley Colby at The Caffeinated Booknerd
Laura at Boats Against The Current
AND The amazing Jodi Meadows, Who I adore greatly said she would do this as well! <3 which makes me love her SO much more!
So tag – You guys are all it! BIG thanks again to Sarah over at The Book Traveler for tagging me!